Smoke Damage SERVPRO of South Rancho Cucamonga (Inland Empire)
In Southern California we are no stranger to seasonal fires. The majority of homeowners are unaffected by these fires directly. However, smoke and ash can travel a fair amount of distance and cause odors and permanent damage to your home if left unchecked. If you notice that your home has smoke or soot damage it is important that you know a few tips to reduce damage until a restoration company is able to assist you.
Smoke damage tips:
- Close all windows and doors to limit what can enter your home.
- Limit movement in your home. This will prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and flooring.
- Avoid walking on carpet or sitting on any upholstery. However, if you must, place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- Turn off ceiling fans and avoid using your HVAC unit. If you are unable to, be sure to change the HVAC filter and tape a double layer of cheesecloth over all air registers.
- Don’t attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery prior to contacting a restoration company.
- Don’t sent garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
We understand that any loss at your home can set your life off balance. Here at SERVPRO of South Rancho Cucamonga we have skilled certified technicians that can assist you in getting your home life back to normal.