Roof water damage in Rancho Cucamonga?
Often during heavy rains, winds, or falling debris, homes businesses can experience roof damage. For some, the first instinct is to apply a roof tarp, looking to quickly solve the issue and attempt to reduce the possibility of additional damage. Roof tarps allow you to have a quick solution and a gap of time until better weather conditions allow for safe inspection and repair.
It seems like a good, inexpensive idea to quickly cover the holes in the roof, stop a water leak, and to have a level of security in knowing that no rodents or other animals will enter your home or business through those holes.
Although a roof tarp has many benefits, we do not recommend it as a permanent solution to your problem, because:
- Some brands are more heavy duty than others, but they all wear out over time.
- If the roof has water damage that leaked into your home, mold could be growing in the affected areas.
- Wind can move the tarp, leaving spaces uncovered where water can start leaking again.
- The tarp may increase the heat inside your home or business, which could lead to a higher electrical bill.
- If not installed properly, it could hold small pools of standing water, perfect for mosquitoes to dwell.
SERVPRO ofSouth Rancho Cucamonga is here to assist homeowners and commercial businesses with their water mitigation and mold remediation needs. As a home or business owner, you have the right to protect your property and mitigate as quickly as possible. Here at SERVPRO of South Rancho Cucamonga, our experienced team of technicians, whether having coverage from your insurance company or not, is here to assist in avoiding further water damage, and possible mold issues.
For your water mitigation needs, call SERVPRO of South Rancho Cucamonga at (909) 759-0189, we're here to service you.